[Sunhelp] How to backup a filesystem on to a remote tape driv e.....

Richard Hogg Richard.Hogg at compelsolve.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 08:24:08 CST 1999

Yep..

instead of using /dev/rmt/0 (or whatever)

use remotemachinename:/dev/rmt/0 in tar or ufsdump etc...

Richard Hogg
SUN Pre-Sales Consultant
Compelsolve - Part of the Compel Group
Solutions & Technology Integration Services for Enterprise Computing
Tel      : 01506 416911
Fax     : 01506 416933
Mobile : 07771 866517
email   : richard.hogg at compelsolve.co.uk