[Sunhelp] Sunhelp

Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris) robert.fuerst at sylvania.com
Sun Nov 28 03:28:26 CST 1999

	I have finally come to the conclusion that it is impossible to run
our 170's at 100 Mbs without purchasing fastethernet cards.
	The question I have is this:

	If we make one of the 200's (Ultra II's) the file server for the CAD
database (at present it is a 170) and force it and the other sparc 200's to
run at 100 instead of 10 Mbs, can the other 170's still file and "talk" to
the 200's that are forced to 100?  I ran into trouble with this situation
before because I tried to run my machine (a router) at 100 on both sides and
we could not pass the Citrix/Metaframe info from the NT to the Solaris side
at 100/100.  I have to set my hme0 interface to 10/half to get the system to
run correctly.

	Thanks,
	1st