[Sunhelp] How to make a rescue disk that works for Solaris, or I killed Sol aris7 again

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sun Nov 28 01:13:23 CST 1999

So, I screwed with the shell thing again in /etc/passwd.  I thought I had
everything in there the right way, but it doesn't work anymore.  :(  Since I
have the darndest time getting the hard drive to mount when I boot from the
cdrom (it's really hard to navigate those device names, especially without
cut-and-paste) I'd like to create a disk to make life a little easier.
Basically, I want to be able to boot to a shell, and have the hard drive
mounted automagically on boot, so that I can go in and edit /etc/passwd (or
whatever else I've broken) and fix it without 20 minutes of trying to mount
the HD.  Of course, making an ISO would be just fine too, since I've got a
couple of CD-RW drives at my disposal.  Anybody done this, or have a pointer
on what exactly to read?  Thanks,
	Greg