[Sunhelp] ?: NOT installable SunPCi packages

Wonkyu Chang - Sun Korea SE Wonkyu.Chang at Korea.Sun.COM
Mon Nov 22 19:51:48 CST 1999

Tom,

He got SunPCi 1.1.2 with Solaris 6 on U10.

As you know, you can use "sunpciflash" to update flash bios ONLY AFTER
installing SunPCi package. He got the error message while also installing
SunPCi package.

It was the problem that he couldn't install SunPCi package at all.
He couldn't add SunPCi package with pkgadd.

How can he update the flash bios before installing it?

Thanks,
WK Chang

>From: "Tom Karpowitz - Jedi Knight" <Tom.Karpowitz at east.sun.com>
>To: "Wonkyu Chang - Sun Korea SE" <Wonkyu.Chang at Korea.Sun.COM>,
<sunpc-interest at sun.com>
>Subject: RE: [Sunhelp] ?: NOT installable SunPCi packages
>
>WK,
>
>This is a well-known problem, and is due to changes in the BIOS PROM used
>on the board.  The customer should have found a little slip of paper in the
>SunPCi shipping box which alerts them to this and gives details about the
>remedy.
>
>You can also find the answer to LOTS of questions like this in the SunPCi
>FAQ, which is found at
>
>	http://onestop.eng/compete/sunpc/sunpci_faq.shtml
>
>Bottom line: the customer needs to flash their SunPCi BIOS to a revision
>>= .050.  Have them upgrade to 1.1.2 (if they haven't already done so) and
>then flash upgrade the BIOS.
>

>tkarp

_
>Tom Karpowitz                           Committed to using Java, Jini, and
Jiro

------------- End Forwarded Message -----------