[Sunhelp] SGML tools on Solaris7 or non-GNUified Solaris

Wes Hofmann whofmann at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 07:45:16 CST 1999

> I'm not anti-gnu, I'd just like to have the darn thing work.
> I already have
> many of these tools installed with Solaris, I'd like to use
> them.  If I
> wanted to use the GNU stuff, I'd be running Linux, not
> Solaris.  It just

Personally, I run solaris because I think certain parts of it are far
superior to Linux; the kernel being one of them.  Also, I like the more
logical, integrated, coherant "feel" of the OS--unlike Linux, which feels
"hacked together".  Aside from that, I think GNU's tools, being newer and
including functionality that the origninal tools did not, are in many ways
superior to Solaris' standard, posix4, and ucb tools. :)  That's just my
$0.02.

Wes