[Sunhelp] Sun Storedge Vol. manager 2.6

Srikanta Nayak srikanta.nayak at cablecom.ch
Tue Nov 16 09:58:06 CST 1999

--------------052697700E7216B0E17F15F7

Dear Expertises.

I hope, will get  answers from our experienced  frineds worked on Sun Storedge
Vol. manager 2.6.

My Problem : I am usinf vxva utility.
                       Using  Basic options, operating with vm disks I can
create,start,add mirror  to  a striped volume.
                       But  I want to  create  subdisks,plexes & volumes
Using   Advanced option    to  make  load balancing effeciently  among
                       3  disks connected to 3 controllers. In such cases I
could create a  volume, but with out starting. I tried to start a volume
                       using  both  from command prompt  & the GUI  but it does
n't starts :the error is :

                       Error is : n't a complete volume & having non-volatile
active plexes .

                       But  I can start the volume using -f  option ( by force
).

Can I have idea about this error  or  the solution to overcome this .

Regards.

Mr. Shrikant

--------------052697700E7216B0E17F15F7

Dear Expertises.
on Sun Storedge Vol. manager 2.6.
create,start,add mirror  to  a striped volume.
But  I want to  create  subdisks,plexes & volumes
make  load balancing effeciently  among
3  disks connected to 3 controllers. In such cases I could create
a  volume, but with out starting. I tried to start a volume
using  both  from command prompt  & the GUI  but
it does n't starts :the error is :
Error is : n't a complete volume & having non-volatile active plexes
.
But  I can start the volume using -f  option ( by force ).
this .