[Sunhelp] Urgent help needed!

Melinda Taylor melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au
Sun Nov 14 20:45:35 CST 1999

Hello,

I stupidly changed all the ownerships of the files in the /bin
directory (don't ask me how/why it was an accident ;)
I now can't 'su'. The current permission/ownership is as follows:

-r-s--x--x   1 bin      sys        18360 Jan 16  1998 /bin/su*

When I know it should be something like this:

-r-sr-xr-x   1 root     sys        18360 Jan 16  1998 su*

I have other solaris machines so I was thinking I could maybe
just copy over the 'su' proggie from there but that doesn't seem to work.

Or maybe something even worse has happened (ie my machines are
always being attacked)?

Any suggestions as to my next step?

Thanks,

Melinda