[Sunhelp] Intel 82559 and 440BX

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Fri Nov 12 11:29:22 CST 1999

It's always best to check the basic things first, like the output from
ifconfig, duplex mode on the hub/switch and on the nic, cabling, etc.  I've
used the 82557 and 82558 with the 440BX chipset, and will be putting an
82559 in in just a couple of weeks, but I've seen no problems.  I know that
linux is using the same driver for all of the 8255x series cards, and it
handles the 7s  better than the others, perhaps Solaris is doing the same
thing, or something similar at least?
	Greg