[Sunhelp] Modem problems...

Andy Say asay at pegasustec.com
Fri Nov 12 09:00:59 CST 1999

Okay I am having some problems with a standard modem hanging off an
expansion serial port (/dev/cua/0). My first problem is that when I try to
"tip" to the modem I get an "All ports busy" error message back.  Is there
some way that I can find out what process has a hold of /dev/cua/0?

Second question.  We have a mix of just standard TTYMON and Solstice PPP
installed on various machines in the field.  I would like the ability to
turn on some type of debugging on to determine what the process sees from
the modem.  i.e. is there a way to get ttymon to write debug information to
a file or syslog?  And same question for Solstice PPP?

Thanks for any help.
Andy

Andy Say
Network Administrator