[Sunhelp] Solaris and NT

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Mon Nov 8 09:43:05 CST 1999

> Dear Experts,
>
> I would like to know about how to mount NT Server resources on Solaris
> system. Are there any bundled softwares with solaris 2.6 5/98 which will
> help me do this.  Need any procedure to do this.
>
> Do we need to buy any additional software? If yes, would like to know
> what are the softwares needed and where can I find more details?
>
> Thanks in advance. Will summarise.

It sounds like you need to use WinNT SMB resources from within Solaris.
There are two program suites which can help you:

1) Samba - http://www.samba.org - is an implementation of SMB for Unix
   systems.  With this you can make Solaris look just like a WinNT server.
   It's freely available.  It can mount WinNT file shares, but that
   functionality is available only under Linux.
2) Rumba (I think it's now called Sharity) is a proxy-type program that
   makes SMB shares look like NFS mounts.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein