[Sunhelp] difference between TGX and graphics framebuffer?

rtreshserwas sadfdfdfaerew cornmuffyn at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 10:39:16 CST 1999

I would like to purchase a used sparc from EBAY but am
not familiar with sparc internals.  is the TurboGX
graphics card separate from the framebuffer memory?
I've seen advertisements on SUN web where these are
listed separately for the ss5, but having trouble
reconciling the notion that a gfx card's local memory
would be offboard?  also, what are some good benchmark
tools or other routines/series of tests that could be
used to properly judge the condition of the sparc5?
any insights appreciated.  --cornmuffin

=====