[Sunhelp] "install guide" for solaris?

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Nov 4 22:27:05 CST 1999

I really don't like the way that the generic Solaris install layed out the
"slices" on my disk.  I suppose asking for a way to change them without
rebooting might be a bit much, so I'd be content with an "install guide"
that will walk me through what I need to muck with so that I can lay out the
drive the way that I want it.  What's the biggest slice I can use on this
machine?  I have a 4.3 gb SCSI drive, running on an SS20.  Somebody on
usenet said that you could only make the root slice 2GB, but I also heard
that that limitation only applied to IDE drives, so I'm not sure who to
believe.  Thanks for any advice,
	Greg