[Sunhelp] CDP1790 display - adjustment?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Nov 4 02:54:46 CST 1999

On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 02:01:49PM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> I'm not familiar with this particular monitor, but some of the others
> that I've worked with (most notable 1962Bs) have some of these
> displays INSIDE the plastic case.  As in, you have to remove the back
> of the plastic case to get at some of the monitor control.
> Obviousally, these aren't ones that you'll want to adjust too often.
> 	Greg

Which brings up one of my favorite "cool facts" -

Does Sony still include a plastic adjustment tool clipped to a bracket
somewhere inside all of their monitors?  I know a GDM-1762 and a GDM-1962B
I had at the office, both did, and so does this IBM 6091-19 19" Trinitron
from '89 (found it when I took the back cover off last week to adjust the
HPOS).  I've liked it because I dont have to search for something sharp and/
or conducive and metallic to go adjusting pots with and possibly kill myself
from the tube arcing...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford   *   mrbill at mrbill.net    /   http://www.mrbill.net