[Sunhelp] Computer outage - network down

Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris) robert.fuerst at sylvania.com
Wed Nov 3 04:01:49 CST 1999

[Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris)]  I just got in and I see my Sparc 20 upgrade to
a Cycle 300 is on the reboot screen and has this error:

configuring network interfaces: hme0: no such interface
SUNW, hme0 phy rest failure
ifconfig: SIOCGFLAGS:hme0:no such interface

This was always running fine as a router until sometime last night.
I have a fastether card that was set up as hme1 and the MB was hme0
any ideas?  Is the MB smoked?  I tried hooking it to another switch port.
I don't think it has anything to do with bad cabling.

Thanks,
1st