[Sunhelp] Level 15 Interrupt

Trevor Chandler trevor_chandler at mail.ddlinc.com
Mon Nov 1 12:19:29 CST 1999

Hello all,

Mayday!  Mayday!

I have a SPARCStation 5 machine, running SunOS 5.6.

I can't get my machine to get past the "OK" prompt;
in other words, that bad-boy won't boot to run-level
3.

When I enter "reset" at the "OK" prompt, after the
screen turns on, I see a streaming scroll of error
messages about:

Error: Physical Address = 0x5C9F
expected = 0xffffffff
observed = 0xffffbfff
U-number = J0300

And this repeats for approximately between 250 and 500
times.

Following the stream of messages, the last item reads:

       Level 15 Interrupt

Well, it don't sound or look good at this point.  Anybody
got an idea of what's happened to me?

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read and respond
to my question.

Trevor C.
trevor_chandler at ddlinc.com