[Sunhelp] What should I look for?

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Thu May 27 21:50:16 CDT 1999

Gregory,

I use a SparcStation 5 (with a 110 microsparc-II and 96mb of ram...) as my
primary computer.  (not as a server, a SparcStation 20 is better for server
type jobs)  It runs great.  I can run Solaris 7, CDE (haven't run gnome on it,
but I'd doubt you'd have problems), Netscape Communicator 4.6, StarOffice 5.1,
Apache, Samba and MySQL without any big preformance hits.  Before my '5', I
used an ELC as my primary computer.  The 5 is a huge imporvement (the
motherboard is not in the back of the head).  I think you can pick them up for
around 5 hundred.

-Jonathan