[Sunhelp] Redhat 5.2 on IPX implementation

Ted Timmons tedt at colubs.com
Fri May 21 20:32:26 CDT 1999

Well, I decided to install RH5.2 on my IPX box. It starts loading off of my
Toshiba 4x (external) CDROM, see the following. Why am I getting a kernel
panic?

Start booting with "boot cdrom", SILO loads fine, hit <enter>, kernel starts
here are the last few:
Partition check:
 sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4 sda5 sda6 sda7 sda8
esp0: Disabling sync for buggy Toshiba CDROM
esp0: Disabling DISCONNECT for target 6 lun 0
esp0: target 6 asynchronous
Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
sr_photocd: ioctl error (TOSHIBA #1): 0x28000000
Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
sr_photocd: ioctl error (TOSHIBA #1): 0x28000000
Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
CD-ROM I/O Error: dev 0b:00 sector 2
EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock
Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
CD-ROM I/O error: dev 0b:00, sector 64
iofs_read_super: bread failed, dev 0b:00 iso_blknum 16 block 32
Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
CD-ROM I/O error: dev 0b:00, sector 16
ufs_read_super: unable to read superblock
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 0b:00
Press L1-A to return to the boot prom

--
Ted Timmons            Web Administrator
tedt at colubs.com                     JAPH