[Sunhelp] Dual Hosting of A1000s between E450s

Gilles Melanson gilles at vianet.on.ca
Thu May 20 08:27:14 CDT 1999

> Has anyone tried to dual host an A1000 between two E450s?
>
> There is mention of the ability to connect an A1000 to multiple hosts in the
> A1000 installation manual.

>From what I've seen of the D1000 (the differential version of the chassis)
and information from a Sun hardware install person.

It's split in two - you can run all 8 bays into one host (with the small
jumper cable in the back), or run two individual sets of up to 4.  You
can't physically share one full chassis to two hosts .. under the SCSI
rules, that really isn't possible.  You could logically share it using NFS
if you really wanted to (ught)

--
Gilles Melanson				UNIX System Administrator
gilles at vianet.on.ca			Laurentian University

Please be advised that as of May 21st, 1999, I will no longer be
employed by Vianet Internet Solutions as a full time sysadmin.

If you have a support related question, please email support at vianet.on.ca.
Please limit Vianet-related email to critical issues only.