[Sunhelp] Sun VM and SDS on x86 or sparc Solaris

Gilles Melanson gilles at vianet.on.ca
Tue May 18 06:20:51 CDT 1999

> Hi,
>
> Can Sun VM or SDS be supported on x86 Solaris as disk management solution?
>
> Thanks,
> WK Chang

I ran SDS 4.0 on Solaris 2.5.1 x86 about 2 yrs ago without any problems.
I'd imagine that Sun has both versions available for both platforms.

Sun seems to be favoring VM at this point.

--
Gilles Melanson				UNIX System Administrator
gilles at vianet.on.ca			Laurentian University

Please be advised that as of May 21st, 1999, I will no longer be
employed by Vianet Internet Solutions as a full time sysadmin.

If you have a support related question, please email support at vianet.on.ca.
Please limit Vianet-related email to critical issues only.