[Sunhelp] esound and Solaris

Wes Hofmann whofmann at mho.net
Mon May 31 17:39:20 CDT 1999

I have successfully installed audiofile and esound under Solaris 2.6.  To my
knowledge, this is a layer of abstraction above the machine's sound hardware
to allow applications to utilize a standard sound API without having
knowledge of the actual sound hardware.  Supposedly, the ESD output plugin
for x11amp supports this, but compilation of x11amp hangs when it can't find
a "sys/soundcard.h" include file.  Any ideas on how I might get x11amp
running successfully under Solaris 2.6 (sparc)?

Thanks!
Wes Hofmann