[Sunhelp] Shutting down a port on a Sun box

Paul McCrone PaulJMC at netscape.net
Wed Jun 30 10:40:07 CDT 1999

Hello,

I need to disable a port ( let's say it's port XXXX) on a new workstation that
I installed earlier this morning.  How do I do this? Please let me know (i.e.
tell me the commands to execute) and I'll do it.  My network security people
tell me that this machine needs to have this port deactivated, but they won't
tell me how to do it.  I can't bring the system on-line until I resolve this,
so please help!

I appreciate your help.  OBTW, I'm asking for a Sun, but would anyone know how
this this done for a Digital UNIX box also (would it be any different?)

Regards,
Paul  J. McCrone, GS-12, Chief Forecaster
HQ Air Force Weather Agency (AFWA) Office Code: XOGM
Email: Paul.McCrone at afwa.af.mil
Phone: (402) 294-2821