[Sunhelp] Advice please: text mode gui for shell.

Robert.Cross at scottish-newcastle.co.uk Robert.Cross at scottish-newcastle.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 04:11:17 CDT 1999

--Boundary_(ID_zcYJpSe3aXAe651yqN+rQQ)

Quick question to all the programming mavens out there.

I have a small shell script which allows me to kill user processes. Now I would
like to be
able to allow the operator to just select from a list of usernames with cursor
keys and
press Return to select. I know I could write some C to use curses, but this is
shell script,
and it MUST work on vt100-compatible terminals, no X-windows/Motif etc.

Any recommendations for anything to use, Python, Perl, TCL/Tk, Perl/Tk, etc?

A heap of thanks to all...

Bob Cross, Systems Programmer, Scottish & Newcastle plc.

--Boundary_(ID_zcYJpSe3aXAe651yqN+rQQ)--