[Sunhelp] Routing problem??

Jeff elslooj at goldeninter.net
Sat Dec 11 08:08:02 CST 1999

Hey,
I have a problem that I can't find.  I have my x86 linux machine set up
for IP masquerading, and use it as a router so other computers on my
network can use that one modem.  I had it working fine on my SS2 before
I upgraded the disk to a 2 gig, now I can't seem to get it to work.  A
netstat -r shows that the defaultrouter is okay, in nsswitch.conf I have
hosts: files dns, and in resolve.conf I have my ISP's two dns server's
IPs.  Am I forgetting some stupid step?  When I ping an outside machine,
it says unknown host.  I think the problem is on the Sparc, and not on
my linux box because I haven't changed anything on it.

Thanks in advance..
Jeff