[Sunhelp] X widgets, ghostview compiles, Xaw3d compiles.. ught.

Gilles Melanson gilles at vianet.on.ca
Mon Aug 30 08:54:13 CDT 1999

> On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 09:08:37AM -0400, Gilles Melanson <gilles at vianet.on.ca> wrote:
> > libXaw is apparently only one of many that I don't have (well, I have
> > older versions .. the ones that *ship* with Sol2.6) .. and 2.7 apparently.
>
> I don't have that version on Solaris 2.6 or 7.
>
> > What is 6.1/6.3 part of.. X11R6.4?
>
> Looks that way - I have that version of libXaw in a recent XFree86 install
> on a FreeBSD box.  It would appear that the sunsite people have for some
> reason built their copy of ghostscript against X11R6.4, which is not what
> ships with current versions of Solaris.  Seems rather silly to me.
>
> I'd recommend you uninstall the sunsite package and grab the ghostscript
> package off sunfreeware.com.

That's part of the problem.  Ghostscript is cake to compile/install ..
ghostview isn't.  gv is what I need - the ability to view *.ps files on
the screen.  If Adobe Acrobat Reader does it (reg'd, I suppose), that IS
another avenue to go with.

--
Gilles Melanson				UNIX System Administrator
gilles at vianet.on.ca			Laurentian University