[Sunhelp] Important Ports on Solaris.

Tubbs, Derric L Derric.Tubbs at West.Boeing.com
Fri Aug 20 14:48:45 CDT 1999

There are plenty of Solaris/UNIX sysadmin and/or security guides available
on the net that tell what they suggest for this and they are good starting
points and you can fine tune from there.  I agree with the others that you
should avoid telnet and ftp if possible.  And take note of what was said in
one of the previous requests, just because you disable ftp coming in doesn't
mean you'll lose the ability to ftp out to someone else.