[Sunhelp] Important Ports on Solaris.

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzy.com
Fri Aug 20 13:42:13 CDT 1999

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 07:05:31PM -0500, Jonathan Eisch wrote:

| What are the important ports on a Solaris box?  I would like to set up
| some software to let me work with my sun behind a firewall that I setup
| on my NTserver (which connects my LAN to the internet via dialup).

The answer is, of course, it depends.

If you have a Unix sysadmin on site, I suggest telling him what you
need and he should be able to set you up.  The answer to your question
is a lot more complicated than you probably realize. :)

On the bright side, your `important ports' are going to be pretty much
standard to any Unix-ish box doing the same thing - Solaris isn't
really special in this regard.

To go into more detail, one will need to know at least what `let me
work' entails.

Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzy.com