[Sunhelp] How hot should my ss20 get?

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Aug 17 13:06:47 CDT 1999

I have a new (to me) SS20 with a pair of SM41 CPUs, a pair of 1 gig SCSI
drives and a few other parts.  There is a little approx. 3cm fan between the
two SCSI drives, and the CD-ROM/floppy.  There are also the two power supply
fans which are about the same size.  I'd had this running for a while while
I was figuring out pkgadd and downloading gzip and Netscape.  I turned if
off
and opened it up to check out the board lay out again (I just like to look
at these things, what can I say) and I touched one of the CPU/cache
controllers.  I didn't get burned, but only because I moved quickly.  The
drives are also very hot.  I understand why their hot, but has anybody done
anything about it?  Should I re-fit it and put it in my 4/330 case <grin> or
what?  Thanks a bundle.
    Greg