[Sunhelp] Reconfigure networking on Solaris 7?

Erik Parker eparker at mindsec.com
Tue Aug 17 12:00:50 CDT 1999

Let me add to what I had previously said..

It might be easiest to have two ethernet cards..

AFAIK you won't be able to specify something at boot up to call different
configuration files. You could however write a script that will copy the
proper boot files from.. oh say..

/etc/boot1/
/etc/boot2/

to their proper locations.. and have two scripts, hit the script, it
copies, and reboots the machine. Well.. It doesn't even need to reboot it
really, just drop the interface, grab the new ip, start it up, add the
default route, and run the network scripts..

It is actually fairly simple.