[Sunhelp] CD-ROM Drive Question

dhansen at zebra.net dhansen at zebra.net
Mon Aug 9 12:34:20 CDT 1999

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, john_mcintire at unitrode.com wrote:
>I got a brain dead question for you, How do I tell what device is the CDROM
>on a Sun because I am going to load patches on a 2.6 box that has none by
>going to to single user mode then mounting CD and installing patches.  Do
>you just goto /etc/init.d/volmgt start or mount it manually

  either should work. if you are running the volume manager then a volcheck
should force it to probe for the cdrom and mount it. if you want/need to
mount it manually you'll just need to know which target the cdrom drive is.
(if it is scsi the default in solaris is generally scsi id of 6, dmesg should
help you determine your drive device at any rate.)

david