[Sunhelp] Please help - Error:"contour.co.uk" is not a valid NIS+ domain

Alan McKerron alan at contour.co.uk
Mon Aug 9 09:38:15 CDT 1999

 Hi,

 Can someone PLEASE help a novice NIS+ system administrator.

 My setup is as follows

 1 Domain  - contour.co.uk

 1 Master NIS+ server + 2 router/servers

 The router/servers both run Solstice autoclient 2.3.

 One of the router/servers is now responding with - Error: "contour.co.uk" is not a valid NIS+ domain. - when trying to access NIS+ using Solstice autoclient.

 The other router/server is OK.

 I have remove NIS+ from fault router/server (correctly - see NIS+ faq) and
 then reinstalled it as NIS+ client,  - failed to fix fault.

 I restored /var/nis from backup tape - failed to fix fault.

 I tried re-nisaddcred router/server  - failed to fix fault.

 I can niscat all the NIS+ tables on faulty router/server but Solstice autoclient still fails

 Can you please HELP!!!

 Regards

 Alan McKerron - Suicidal System Administrator