[Sunhelp] "Mirroring" two directories over the net. Info, please.

David Eisner cradle at Glue.umd.edu
Mon Aug 2 09:15:03 CDT 1999

I don't have much experience with it myself, but you might
want to take a look at rdist(1):

DESCRIPTION
     Rdist is a program to maintain  identical  copies  of  files
     over  multiple  hosts.  It preserves the owner, group, mode,
     and mtime of files if possible and can update programs  that
     are executing.  Rdist reads commands from distfile to direct
     the updating of files and/or directories.  If distfile is `-

-David

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Adrian Petrescu wrote:

> It seems to me that I wasn't able to explain what I have to accomplish.
> Let me try again:
>
> The "mirrors" directories must be updated every 1 minute, and both sources
> and mirrors systems are production machines (7 x 24). The amount of data for
> each mirror is up to 30 GB, and can contain any type of files.
> What I'm trying to find is a kind of "level 0 RAID software" able to work
> over the network.
>
> Regards,
> Adrian

David Eisner            | E-mail: cradle at eng.umd.edu |
CALCE EPSC              | Phone:  301-405-5341       |
University of Maryland  | Fax:    301-314-9269       |