[Sunhelp] Hardware Compatible

Trevor Chandler trevorc at netzero.net
Tue Jan 20 03:39:57 CST 1998

Hello Cory,

Thanks for responding to my question.

Now that I know that it is possible to install
Solaris 7 on a PC using the AMD-K6
processor, I'd better take a look at the
other components.

I must now speculate that there is something
funky on the motherboard, or in the bios
settings.  The reason that I now say this is
because I removed the hard drive, NIC, and
CD-ROM drive from the PC -- leaving only
the floppy drive and RAM.

Well, I think I can safely say that the floppy
drive and the RAM ain't causing any
contention, so it's just gotta be something
on the motherboard.

If you got any ideas, shoot them to me please.
Also Cory, do you know the URL to get to that
Hardware Compatibility list for Solaris 7.   I find
it most challenging to navigate Sun's website.

Thanks for all of your help.  I hope you're having
a great day.

Trevor C.
trevorc at netzero.net