[SPARCbook] Sparcbook 3GX drive or info needed

Justin H Haynes justin at justinhaynes.com
Sun Nov 3 22:22:34 CST 2013

My 3gx works fine with a scsi to cf adapter.  You should be able to find a caddy eventually.  You see them apart on eBay every now and again.  Open BSD is the only modern and still maintained os that will run on it afaik.  I'm very happy with mine.  It doesn't get frequent use but it does get used as a router from time to time our as a network tap.  Also nice for any application where absolute silence is required as there is no fan on processor and with cf there is no hd noise.  However, there is some odd electronic noise when it has a WiFi card or when you move Windows in x Windows.   Not loud though.

Note that you can get 32bpp in x.  You just have to compile it into the openbsd driver.  Check sparc at openbsd archive.

Doesn't answer your question I understand, hopefully this is useful anyhow.