[SPARCbook] Considering shutting down this list

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 15:08:14 CST 2008

Bill -
my vote is to keep list active for a while longer.

My opinion only - but sorta substantiated by events - Sun gave up on sparc based portables long ago.

I've been told that everybody at sun that does anything solaris anymore (other than high end hardware) uses an intel based laptop - or as one friend there told me - a mac laptop running a virtualized opensolaris.

I have several tadpole laptops of various lineage - but I too run solaris10x86 & opensolaris virtualized on my macs.

regards
steve