[SPARCbook] Considering shutting down this list

Gary Borgen Old gary.borgen at verizon.net
Mon Dec 29 13:43:46 CST 2008

Still here as well.

One thing I noticed is that there have been very few Sparcbooks or
Ultrabooks listed on eBay for the past 6-8 months.   Maybe there is a
relationship between new, used units sold and posts.  We all should sell off
our older unused Sparcbooks, Ultrabooks, etc. to revitalize the newbee
market.

I just picked up a Sparcle (650MHz) and am in the process of obtaining
additional memory and a hard drive for it.  It is almost modern (2003), with
built in USB 1.1 and 802.11b wireless.  Tadpole provides support for it up
to Solaris 10 u4 (08 07) and there seems to be interest in supporting it
(and other Tadpole products down to the Ultrabook IIi) under Opensolaris.

This forum still has it's place.  There aren't many other sources one can go
to for information on Tadpole products.  I would hate to see it go away.