[SPARCbook] UltraBookIIi Solaris 9, Solaris 10 & wifi

Gary Borgen gary.borgen at verizon.net
Tue May 23 19:48:53 CDT 2006

Well, it only took me a month to get to, but I was able to get my wireless
card, a Cisco Aironet PCM342, running with Solaris 10 on my Ultrabook IIi.

Long story (I built the IIi from peices and had the wrong display video card
from an Ultrabook I) but a fresh inital install, OEM plus full distribution
did it.  I obtained the correct display and video card from a broken
Ultrabook LE.

Locations manager also works.  I set up the "original" location as the hme0
wire connection and the "mobile" location as the pcairo wireless connection.

As a side note: Anybody else notice that Tadpole has been bought out by
General Dynamics?