[SPARCbook] Looking to buy an Ultrabook

Gary Borgen OLD gary.borgen at verizon.net
Thu Dec 7 20:47:47 CST 2006

To run Solaris 10 and above you will need a minimum of an Ultrabook IIi.
The Ultrabook I (170 and 200 MHz) will run Solaris 8 and Solaris 9 (up to a
point).
At a certain kernel update (22?) the Solaris breaks, and you can no longer
boot in 64 bit mode.

You can find Ultrabooks on fleabay.  They go for anywhere from $150 USD to
$800 USD depending on how they are configured.  There are a couple of
Ultrabook I's available now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110064656962&rd=1&rd=1

and (mislabeled as a Powerlite)
http://cgi.ebay.com/RDI-POWERLITE-170-SUN-SPARC-LAPTOP-FOR-PARTS_W0QQitemZ300057720706QQihZ020QQcategoryZ177QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem