[SPARCbook] love this computer

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Thu Nov 17 10:02:06 CST 2005

On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 09:14:30PM -0000, Chris Clemson wrote:
>> From: sparcbook-bounces at sunhelp.org
>         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> So that's why the list has that address :)

Sadly, it seems the HD didn't do as well as I'd hoped.  It froze up
later that day, I've not yet been able to convince it to spin back up.

I had a backup of the data from it that I wanted, but some of the stuff
will be difficult to replace.  I was running an old (1.something)
version of KDE as my desktop, which worked nicely, with most of the
bells and whistles turned off.  Don't know how easily I would be
able to find and compile that again.

Might be time to switch to NetBSD on this guy.  Guess it's time to start
reading up on how to track -current. =)

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org