[SPARCbook] ultrabook IIi monitor problem

Joseph Spainhour spainhou at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 22 09:56:45 CDT 2004

Hello all,

   Today my trusty ultrabook decided it was going to act up and one of
the hinges broke on the monitor. The actual hinge itself is fine, but
where it attaches to the monitor bezel is broken. It is kind of hard to
describe. The hinge attaches to the back monitor bezel via two screws.
These screws hook into thread posts that are embedded in the bezels
plastic. The tread posts have pulled away from the plastic and no longer
hold the hinge against it.
   Does anyone out there have an Ultrabook, Ultrabook IIi , or Ultrabook
IIe monitor bezel for sale or have any tips on repairing mine?
I was going to try JB weld once I got home. I am going to try filling
the hole, then inserting the thread post. Hopefully it will adhere to
the plastic enough.

Thanks,

Joseph