[SPARCbook] external monitor with ultrabook

Paul Douglas paul at douglasfamily.au.com
Thu Jun 10 07:49:55 CDT 2004

Hi

I have an Ultrabook I and I have tried without success to use it to drive a PC
monitor.  I've tried to do this both at boot prom and using the Tadpole
utilities (vesa-on, etc, or setres).  It's not the connections because if I plug
a Sun monitor in it works fine.  I would like to be able to connect the
ultrabook to a projector, and they are all configured to standard PC settings.
Is there something I have missed?  Someone mailed the list a while ago about
connecting a flat panel monitor to one of these, and that was very likely a PC
type, so it can obviously be done.

Thanks - Paul