[SPARCbook] Sparcbook 3GX problem

Vasisht Reddy Tadigotla vasisht at eden.rutgers.edu
Sun Jan 18 14:31:08 CST 2004

Hi,

I have a Sparcbook 3GX for which I don't have a root password and it
doesn't have any other accounts. Is there any way to reset the root
password from open boot prompt or boot into single user mode ? The screen
also gets all fuzzy and unreadable at boot up, but becomes normal when CDE
starts up. I'm not sure what it's due to and if it is repairable.

I don't have an external CD drive and the tadpole media. It's running
SunOS 4.1.2.

Thanks,

Vasisht