[SPARCbook] RDI PowerLite - Broken monitor cable

Borgen_Gary gary.borgen at verizon.net
Sat Aug 28 16:37:04 CDT 2004

Uffe,

The cable you indicate is a flex type cable harness.  It is possible to
substitute another cable, but it is unlikely that you will find one with the
exact size, number of connections, length, width, thickness, and conductor
trace widths to match the existing cable.

Additionally, I have had very limited success in repairing flex cables.  By
their vary nature, they flex and are very thin, making solder bridging type
repairs ineffective.  Due to the closeness of the traces, it is also
difficult to jumper around breaks.

The only repair I have found to be effective is to bypass the broken traces
with a separate length of wire, PCB to PCB.

GB