[SPARCbook] SparcBook 3GX and GPRS?

Jonathan Kalbfeld jonathan at ThoughtWave.NET
Wed Aug 4 14:46:52 CDT 2004

Well,

I've just been fortunate enough to acquire cheaply a Merlin G100 PCMCIA
card from Novatel wireless and it's sitting in my Win2K laptop in
Glendale.

I'm curious--does anyone know if this will work for me with
Solaris 7 on a S3GX?

It's basically a PCMCIA modem as far as I can tell,
and I was wondering if I need to do anything special?  I just plug it in
and dial *99***1# from Windows to get myself a GPRS connection.  I'd love
to have a mobile X-based workstation for hax0ring!(!!@#!@)

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Kalbfeld