[SPARCbook] reviving a 3gx

Rodolfo segleaur at mechanus.org
Wed Jun 11 00:02:11 CDT 2003

Federico Lucifredi said something about [SPARCbook] reviving a 3gx on
 Tue, 10 Jun 2003 :

 | Hello fellow tadpolers,
 |     I have a dead 3gx that I am trying to restore. The machine was working
 | just fine, but the HD decided to kiss itself bye bye....
 |
 |     I installed a new HD and set up solaris 2.5.1 from Sun media (this
 | machine came to me without the Tadpole media) and things are working fine -
 | except that I cannot get CDE to work.
 |
 |     I am aware of the fact that the 3gx requires FB drivers, but I have no
 | idea where they can be found. Any clue ?
 |
 |     -Federico

Federico - I don't think the Sun media for 2.5.1 included the drivers for the
tadpole machines. I've got an original copy of the 2.5.1 media - i can make an
image of it and post it on my ftp, but it'll have to wait til this weekend. or,
you can get a hold of the solaris 2.6 HW update 5/98, which does include the
tadpole drivers - if there's nothing special about 2.5.1 that you need.

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the
ways in which you yourself have altered. - Nelson Mandela