[SPARCbook] RDI Powerlite Laptop Parts Needed

Super-User helsod at algonet.se
Wed Jan 1 20:16:59 CST 2003

Michael Thompson wrote:

> I just picked up a working RDI Powerlite laptop model PX1024-2400-64, but
> it is missing the hard drive carrier (caddy).
>
> Anyone know of a source?
>
> Michael Thompson
> E-Mail: M_Thompson at IDS.net

The RDI Powerlite does not have a special caddy / carrier. All you need
is a SCSI 2.5" drive to plug
into one of the 3 connectors in the motherboard inside the computer.
(thus it can take 3 drives total internally).

The SCSI 2.5" drives are not so easy to find and are often quite small.
One source apart from the Sparcbooks
sold at Ebay could be the older Mac Powerbooks. They are usually a bit
small but I think 500M should be possible to find.

There has been some earlier posts on this list about some mac
replacement drives and also the IDE to SCSI converters. Perhaps you can
find the URL to the seller of those in the archive, or maybe those who
know it can
repost. The converter can possibly cost a great deal more than what you
paid for your Powerlite though.

Peter