[SPARCbook] Sol9 on RDI Powerlite 170

Helena Soderholm helsod at algonet.se
Sat Dec 20 00:41:13 CST 2003

Actually I did install Sol9 on an RDI Powerlite 170 which I later sold so
I no longer have it. It worked pretty well as far as I could determine
although I didn't do many tests or keep it for long, because the drive was
pretty small and it was kind of slow so there was a lot of tweaking to
get it to fit. It looked nice with KDE though.

The graphics is of course not so hot on that machine, but it works easily
with every version of Solaris, which is nice.

It was a bummer that Linux didn't run on it, not to mention NextStep. I
might have kept it then but I needed money for some new gizmo, and now I
have the Ultrabook to battle with : - )

There was no issues with the installation that I can remember apart from
fitting the stuff on the drive.

Peter