[SPARCbook] S3GX battery/charging problem, HDD upgrade

Berglin excitable_boy at spray.se
Tue Aug 19 07:55:50 CDT 2003

Hi,

I recently bought an S3GX. The guy who sold it said that it had a working
battery, however when I try to boot
the system without the AC plug connected, nothing happens.
So it seems that the battery is not charged. Also, when I run it on AC, I
don't see anything on the LCD battery
indicator.

Anyone who knows what's wrong? Is it a bad battery, or does it only need to be
properly recharged? Or could it
be something wrong with the Sparcbook?

Another question: since I got the 1.2 GB SCSI drive I need to get a IDE->SCSI
converter to upgrade the
harddrive. I've found one at
http://www.addonics.com/products/hub_adapter_converter/ide_scsi.asp  that
sells at ~$89. Will this work with the Sparcbook?
Oh, one more thing... Guess I could just by a larger SCSI disk if I wanted,
right? (Not that it is an option, since
SCSI disks are fairly expensive, just curious...)

Well, that's all for now..... Just bought the Sparcbook yesterday, but it sure
is a fun little toy.... :)

Thanks,

Orjan