[SPARCbook] RE: RDI external connectors and drive upgrades

scott.archer at vaisala.com scott.archer at vaisala.com
Fri Nov 29 19:58:08 CST 2002

[scott archer]

1. external connectors
Peter and Ian, thanks to both for the detailed
replies on the RDI Ultrabooks. I've been going
off the RDI 170\200 Ultrabook hw reference guide
on Tapdpole's site [tadpole.com] but will have a
used RDI Ultrabook UltraSPARC laptop in this week
that I can tear down and pass on to the list any
info ref ext. connectors. This unit doesn't have
the original RDI documentation which is short
supply: I was fortunate once to acquire an original
RDI 170 Powerlite user guide and system ref set
but haven't had the same luck since then.

2. RDI drive upgrades
Two minds with a single thought on the RDI drive
upgrades. I've installed Sol 8 [02\02] full distribution
plus OEM support on an RDI 170 PowerLite across the 3 int.
IBM OEM 1.2Gb drives as a test that the RDI 170 runs fine
[so far] without a Tadpole-specific build.
Unfortunately, I now have very little of the 4.0Gb apiece
/usr and /opt slices used by my company's applications,
so our HD upgrade research now intersects. I've a few
thoughts but nothing testable at this time.

BR
[Scott Archer]