[SPARCbook] PCWLAN

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Tue Nov 12 05:29:49 CST 2002

Hi All.

A few months ago I mentioned getting a wavelan card working in my
sparcbook. Well, since then I've gotten a WavePOINT-II access point, as
well as another wavelan card. The current setup is a wavelanI 2.4ghz
card in the sparcbook, with it's antenna unit mounted on the back of the
machine, the WavePOINT-II with the WaveLAN/EAM installed in it. So far I
haven't been able to get the 2 to talk to each other. In the
WavePOINT-II software it mentions that you have to set both cards to the
same network identifier for them to talk to each other, as well as the
same frequency. How do I set these (or even just see what they're set
at) in the sparcbook? Does the EAM unit need to have an antenna attached
for it to work, or will it work without one for short distances? (the 2
units are not even 10' apart)

Any help one of you folks that have used this stuff before would be
appreciated.
--
-Mike