[SPARCbook] SparkBook Woes

Patrick McAleavey patmcaleavey at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 7 16:40:40 CST 2002

Hi Thomas,

I haven't tried Solaris 8...actually I was under the impression that it
would not run on the 3GX...but I could be mistaken. I would probably have
difficulty attempting an install. My units have fairly small harddrives and
Solaris 8 likes to make a big swap file when it installs...would probably
take up a good chunk of the drive. Hmmmm...maybe a project for tomorrow.

Solaris 9 is going to holler if you don't have at least 128 MB of RAM. I
tried it on my old Sparc 10 w/64 Megs and it wouldn't load. My units here
vary...a few have 32 Meg and the others have 64...so that's not going to
work.

My 5 babies are about to retire from active duty anyway...they will probably
take up residence in our QA lab and end their days there. Two are held
together with duct tape...covering wounds sustained in five years of
traveling.

Good luck.

Pat